As a learner, I value personal growth, and whether that that means experiences that develop my academic competence, or encountering other viewpoints that re-shape the way I see and understand the world, one of my primary goals is to continually develop myself. Additionally, as a student, I find personal connection with fellow learners and teachers as a deeply important part of my learning experience. It is my firm belief that much of who we are and what we achieve is influenced and supported by the people around us, and as I aim to become an educator, I look to develop and ultimately transfer my ability to support those around me into my future profession.

With this conviction in mind, I have found many outlets to develop myself and offer my support to others:

• Tutoring students in my university’s peer-tutoring center
  • Leading multiple study groups
  • Volunteering as a tutor for international students
  • Participating in different events within my university’s multicultural center
  • Supporting students with accessibility issues

My goal as a student is to eventually graduate and enter the teaching program so that I may work as a primary school educator. As I continue to develop myself, I look critically at the function of the classroom and the role of the teacher in order to ensure that I will be able to relate with both learner and educator, and to make myself an effective teacher within my future profession.